Modern life is hectic, busy and we’re all just dashing around trying to catch up. So, the last thing you need is to be involved in an accident while you’re out and about, shopping, enjoying time with friends, spending time outdoors or just getting from A to B.
Getting injured in a public place is highly embarrassing, whether you’ve just tripped and landed flat on your face or you’ve been hit by something falling from a great height.
However, when those injuries are painful and debilitating, there’s no telling how long you may be out of work and that’s when your financial stability comes into question. Hiring a personal injury is your next, logical step and you’ll find an injury lawyer here, just click the link.
Public places are meant to be kept free of dangers and hazards and managed with public safety in mind. And it is the legal requirement of the business owner or public body to keep you safe, whether you’re in a restaurant, shopping mall or walking in a parking lot.
So, where are you most likely to sustain an injury and what kind of injury are you most likely to suffer from? Here, we’ll look at some of the most common scenarios that unsuspecting members of the public face.
Accidents in supermarkets
Everyone should be able to go out and get what they need without risking their health or even their life! So, when you visit your local supermarket you should be able to do so with ease. Sadly, supermarkets are one of the most common locations for accidents.
- Objects falling from height and striking customers
- Slipping on spillages and wet floors
- Cutting yourself on broken glass
- Trip hazards
Public places such as footpaths, playing fields, walkways and precincts are also hot spots for injuries, but the local council or governing body should be maintaining the area to a high standard and ensuring that any hazards are dealt with promptly. Common injuries include:
- Tripping over uneven paving stones
- Potholes (either causing a car accident or tripping)
- Potholes causing issues and injuries to cyclists
- Tripping or falling due to damaged or missing ground utility covers
- Tripping over tree roots
- Poor street lighting resulting in falling, tripping or another injury
Restaurants, bars and clubs
We all want to enjoy a night out without it ending with a trip to the emergency room. Sadly, thousands of people each year, end up hospitalised due to the negligence of public building owners.
According to Agruss Law Firm, LLC, if the proximate cause of your injury is someone else’s negligence, you are liable for compensation. You may get injured due to the following reasons: Some of the most common injuries include:
- Falling downstairs due to faulty handrails
- Slipping on a wet floor due to spillages
- Food poisoning
- Negligent security resulting in attacks/assaults
- Burns caused by negligent staff
- Injuries caused as a direct result of poor property maintenance
If you believe you’ve been injured in a public place and you’re not to blame, reach out to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Featured Image | Timon Studler on UnsplashCopyright secured by Digiprove © 2023 Simone Ribeiro