It is Valentine’s day this weekend, and I know we do not need a special day in the year to toast to love. I also know it is not the time and moment to be gathering around. But you still can make this Valentine’s Day more exciting even if it means spending time at home with your other half, on a zoom call to your besties, or simply being grateful for love.
Gin is my spirit of choice because it is timeless, elegant, and it is a quite versatile drink. Besides, I have this gorgeous trio of Mermaid premium spirits to make things easier. It would be rude to not. By the way, this Mermaid Miniature Valentine’s Gift Set that any valentine would to win. So, why not have some fun preparing these gorgeous gin cocktail recipes to make this Valentine’s Day fun and special?
Basil Vodka Gimlet
Let’s start with something that is quite popular in the UK – vodka. But I am not talking about an average one. I am talking about a gorgeous salt vodka that I was introduced to a couple of weeks ago, and I cannot get enough of it.
I wanted to enhance the sea salt smoothness and flavours from Mermaid Salt Vodka, so I got inspired by this lovely basil vodka Gimlet recipe. But I adapted some ingredients as well.
- 6 large basil leaves – cut into strips or finely chopped
- Zest from ½ lime
- Juice from one lime (mine was 1/25 oz)
- ½ oz tonic water
- 5 oz Mermaid salt vodka
- Muddle the basil leaves, lime zest, lime juice and simple syrup at the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Let it stand approximately 5 minutes to let the flavours blend
- Add the vodka and fill the cocktail shaker ½ to ⅔ of the way full of ice
- Shake and strain if you are not into the basil leaves.
- Pour into a glass and add a basil spring for a garnish if you desire.
Chambord Bramble Cocktail
For the aromatic Mermaid Pin Gin, nothing better than infusing fresh Isle of Wight strawberries with even more some berries. Blueberries, blackberries, or any other berry of your choice.
The bramble cocktail is a classic recipe that is perfect for warmer days, but it is also a hit at any special occasion. I just love it.
2 measures Mermaid’s Pink Gin
1 measure freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ measure Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
Strawberries and Blueberries for garnish
- Shake the first three ingredients together with ice and strain into a tumbler filled with crushed ice.
- Drizzle the Chambord over the top. Garnish with blackberries and serve with a straw.
Gin and Galliano Sour
Here is the one that will make you feel in love with gin this Valentine’s Day. It’s also the easiest one to be prepared.
I have picked the classic Mermaid gin for this one because it fits perfectly with its freshness of organic lemon zest.
The gin and Galliano Sour is inspiring, and I got this recipe here, after being in love with the way it is prepared. Seriously, it is an explosion of flavours. Perfect to share with your love ones. My husband and I enjoyed it so much that it is now the drink of our choice for the next gin sessions.
- 2Ounces Mermaid Gin
- 1/2Ounce Galliano Liqueur
- 1/2Ounce Lemon Juice
- Combine all ingredients over ice in a cocktail shaker, stir until ice cold
- Serve on the rocks in an old-fashioned glass with a slice of lemon
Here are my favourite three cocktails to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Let me know below in the comments what is your favourite one. And, how are you planning to celebrate love this weekend?
Follow Mermaid Gin on Social Media
**I received the products complimentary from Mermaid Gin for testing purposes.